If you have found your way to this page: huzzah! Welcome to Maria Drummond Designs
So basically the craic is this:
- I drew a picture of a kitten for my friend at Christmas. (The kitten who is now known as Wilbur)
- I had very little response from the recipient. (I was very gutted on Christmas day when all I heard was “oh and yeah thanks for the picture” [end of subject discussion]. My vanity wanted more. Needed more. After all, I had spent a painful amount of time perfecting the bloody thing.
- A few days later, we were reminiscing over the phone about buying presents for one another. This led me to say “yeah well the hardest part about your gift wasn’t drawing it. It was framing it.”
- This led to an alarmingly surprised action. Over the top if you ask me.
“What?! Are you serious?! Your DREW that?! Omg!*” Etcetera, etcetera… – Haha
- Which led FINALLY to the lad suggesting that I do something with my drawing. His exact words were “this should be on a t-shirt!”
Over enthusiastic? Maybe. Crazy? Damn right. However, that was pretty good inspiration to be honest. So I consolidated all my ‘decent’ drawings and started some new ones. This was like the post-war baby boom. Only with designs.
And one month later here we are. My very own website (I have an actual .co.uk ) and my designs on t-shirts, posters, canvasses, hoodies etc. This is pretty good for me, these kind of things never happen quickly. Already I’ve been fortunate to have several sales, so people are out there. With my name on their stuff. Crazy times.
Also, we thought it would be best to sample my work, see what the quality was like and such. Well, let me say, the quality is superb. The designs are placed smack-bam onto high-quality American Apparel t-shirts. The tops are vibrantly coloured and are in no way reflective of the colours on the website.
And that’s not even the best bit! I have to say though, I had my doubts. We all did. “Is it actually going to be good?” etc etc. The answer to that is YES!
Since then things have really gone much better than expected. I have done a couple of tattoo designs (post coming soon) and have managed to finally write a blog post!
Be sure to check the site every now and again to see new designs and even more side-splitting posts. Seriously though, my next post will feature art under the hidden category: ‘Crapola’.
*Please note all exclamation marks were deliberate and accurately placed.
Over and out.